|PBS’s veteran broadcaster Bonnie Erbe (“To The Contrary”) knows from long experience that NumbersUSA members are among the nation’s most interested citizens in the issues of birthright citizenship and birth tourism.
She has produced an insightful program on the birth tourism industry. And PBS is making a DVD of the program available to you free of charge.
Simply submit your request for a free DVD here: http://bit.ly/1dqKFAX
- According to the National Center for Health Statistics, 7,719 children were born in the United States to mothers who lived overseas. That is an increase of almost 55 percent since 2000.
- According to the Pew Hispanic Center, 8% of all U.S. births (350,000/year) come from at least one illegal-alien parent.
- H.R. 140, the Birthright Citizenship Act, if passed, would end the practice of granting automatic citizenship to all children born in the United States. H.R. 140 would amend the Immigration and Nationality Act – not the constitution – to consider a person born in the United States “subject to the jurisdiction” of the United States for citizenship at birth purposes if the person is born in the United States of parents, one of whom is:
- a U.S. citizen or national;
- a lawful permanent resident alien whose residence is in the United States; or
- an alien performing active service in the U.S. Armed Forces.
The PBS DVD provides an opportunity to educate friends, family and all kinds of civic and political groups about the ways in which immigration policy plays a role in the birth tourism industry.
The program features NumbersUSA Executive Director Roy Beck offering an eyeopening introduction to the program. I encourage you to contact PBS and request one of the free DVDs.
Here is PBS press release on the program and this offer:
FREE PUBLIC EDUCATION DVD ON BIRTH TOURISM Coverage of the birth tourism industry made available through the generous
Free DVDs of PBS To The Contrarys
Coverage of the birth tourism industry made available through the generous
support of The Colcom Foundation.
(Washington, D.C.) — The PBS program, To The Contrary with Bonnie Erbé, is pleased to offer, free of charge, DVD copies of its coverage of the birth tourism industry. NumbersUSAs Roy Beck offers an eye-opening introduction to this program.
Watching this DVD is a great way to learn about:
- The increasing size of this incredibly lucrative industry
- The increasing number of persons granted birthright citizenship while their families engage in illicit behavior,
- The health hazards caused by this completely unregulated industry
- The tax evasion and government fraud engaged in by tour operators
The program starts by interviewing a father in China who arranged to have his son born in the USA while he and his wife were on tourist visas. It then shows how tour operators deceive affluent families coming from Asia to have their children in the US. It finally introduces you to a young woman, born to Taiwanese parents in the United States on tourism visas, who is now living as a U.S. citizen and enjoying the educational benefits underwritten by California taxpayers.
We are happy to consider requests for multiple DVDs.
Please follow this link http://bit.ly/1dqKFAX and fill out the request form by telling us who you are and who else will see the DVD.
Please feel free to play it in public for such as community centers, environmental group meetings, church meetings, classrooms and so on. To The Contrary with Bonnie Erb is in its twenty-second season on PBS and can be seen in 91% of US markets on PBS stations nationwide. For more information, visit the ToTheContrary website at www.tothecontrary.org